Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If Only I Could Hate You Ep 5



Episode 5

It's episode 5 and there is a lot about to be learned! Irena helps Dakota take charge of her crush. And there is a surprise visitor for the Dastin's.





"Dakota. Dakota?" Irena kept trying to get her friends attention. She was failing. Irena watched as Dakota stared off into the distance of the lounge area of the school.



Finally, Irena noticed what, or who, Dakota was in a daze over. Issac Hemingway.
Issac, his sister, and Micah, were enjoying watching the news during break period. Issac smirked as he noticed Dakota peeking on him from around the corner.



"He is one beautiful creature isn't he," Irena teased.
"yeah," Dakota said in a sigh.
"I bet you would like to kiss him."
"Yeah," Dakota sighed again oblivious to her trance.
"And get into those pants and rub all over his body." Irena tried to hold in her laughs.
"Yeah.... wait what?" Dakota turned around and faced Irena.


"Girl, you got it bad." Irena gave a smile.
"I don't know what to do! Every time he moves, breathes, it gives me chills!"
"Yeah I once felt that way. Now I feel like punching him in the face." Irena glared when she peered over at Micah, who was sitting next to Nina.
"But, Issac isn't like that, ya know. Did you know that he worked at the animal shelter back in Bridgeport? I work at the animal shelter here! He is an animal lover like me."
"See a match made in heaven. Now go ask him out," Irena told her.
"I can't. Carma has been all over him since he arrived. I am no where near as pretty as her." Dakota's eyes fell to the floor.
"You have no self confidence! You are beautiful!" Irena tried to flatter her, but was could see she was failing. "I know! Come over to my house tonight, we will give you the confidence you need."


When Irena arrived at home she was surprised to find a strange woman standing at her front door.
"Exuse me? Can I help you?" Irena asked her.
"My name is Sandra Dastin. I am Lee's wife. Does he live here?" Sandra greeted Irena.
"He actually lives in the guest section of the house." Irena pointed towards to door at the other end. "But Lee may not be home right now. I typically don't see him until around 5."
Irena looked at the woman in front of her. She looked really young to be Micah's mother. In fact, Micah looked nothing like her. Irena also remembered that this is the same woman that kicked her husband and child out of the house after Lee went bankrupt.
"If you don't mind me saying, you look really young to be a mother."


"That's because she is not my mother." Micah's voice startled Irena.
"She's not?" Irena asked.
"She's my stepmother."
"Hello, Micah." Sandra chimed when she saw him.



"Sandra," Micah addressed her and crossed his arms.
"Seem's like your father isn't here. But I'm sure you will be a great medium for this task."
"What, you ran out of shoes and want us to buy more." Micah  furrowed his brow.
"Why do I need to ask for your money, when this divorce will ensure I get most of it. Not that your father has a lot left anyways."
"You think you are so clever with your tricks."
"He broke his vow so the prenuptial agreement  is void." Sandra chimed.
Irena stood quietly unsure of what to do.


"You will have to do a lot better than nicking my father and throwing girls on him then taking pictures of it to break that agreement." Micah said coolly.
Sandra's eyes  became wide for just a moment before she regained posture.
"But who will they believe. The poor dear wife who walked in on her husband in a threesome and even got the pictures to prove it, or his son who has no proof and clearly wants to keep his inheritance money."
Micah gave a quick smirk but didn't say a thing.
"Be sure to give these divorce papers to your father." Sandra pushed a yellow envelope into Micah's chest. "Tell him I'll see him in court."


"I didn't realize that the woman who kicked you out of the house was your stepmother," Irena told Micah when they walked back into the house.
"What because my family could be that messed up." Micah's face gave any sign of emotion.
"So where is your mom. Did your parents divorce?" Irena asked Micah.



"She drowned when I was ten," Micah's voice was unusually calm.
"I'm sorr-"
"That's what everyone says." Micah cut her off. "Just don't get too caught up in my personal life. Got it?"
Micah didn't wait for an answer before he turned and left, leaving Irena to her thoughts.
For the first time Irena saw a glimpse of what made Micah tick, and her heart reached out to him.
I had not known that his real mother is dead. I wonder how many other people knew? Then Irena remembered out on the beach.....

"There was a wave! I didn't know!"
"Stop! It doesn't matter" Micah threw his hands up. "I saved you. At least I don't have to watch one more person drown to death."
"Another?"

Micah had been super upset about her incident. She did not realize that it was because of his mother. He had watched her drown.


"So, are we ready to do this makeover or what?" Irena asked Dakota. Not long after talking with Micah, Dakota had came over by Irena's wished to give her a make over.
"Are you sure about this? I don't think that a makeover will help me get Issac's attention."
"None-sense. You are beautiful, but you just dress a little...plain," Irena said with a smile.


"I guess," Dakota said wearily.
Irena smiled at Dakota's surrender. Then her thoughts about Micah distracted her.
"What do you know about Micah's mother?" Irena asked Dakota.
"I don't know." Dakota said with a shrug. "Why?"
"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Irena shook her head. She didn't want to be spreading Micah's business around.


"Now, let's have a look at that beautiful face of yours." Irena pushed Dakota towards the mirror.
"Your not going to change me too much are you?"
"I'm thinking a hair cut, maybe some extensions for your bangs, and a dress. A tad bit of make up and voila! It will all accent your beautiful looks!"
"A dress?" Dakota blushed. She hardly wore skirts or anything to that nature. She was a tom boy. She loved hiking and playing with animals. It hardly gave her time to worry about looks.
~   ~   ~

The next day, Irena walked a shy Dakota to school.
Dakota's eyes stayed on the ground when they arrived to the crowd hanging around the school.


Finally the crowd noticed Dakota and her new looks.
"Is that Dakota?" She heard someone whisper, causing her cheeks to warm.
"Don't worry, you look great!" Irena assured her.


"Well, well, well." Jenna approached them. "You seem to be a surprise this morning."
"Yeah, why the change? I seemed to like the plain Dakota better. At least then it was easier not to notice your dog face." Carma added.
"

"Wow Dakota! You look nice!" Nina showed up behind Carma and Jenna, complimenting her.
Dakota gave a weak smile. Then she noticed Issac behind his sister. Her cheeks became pink and flushed.
"Thank you," she squeaked.
"You look absolutely pretty. I really like it." Nina continued on, causing Jenna and Carma to become annoyed.
"Yes she looks very pretty," Jenna said through gritted teeth.



"I think you look very nice too," Issac stepped forward. "You should wear dresses more often."
Dakota became speechless. She had never had a boy compliment her on her looks, more or less one that she was crushing on.
Irena smiled seeing her friend have a flirting session. It made her happy to see that one of them would have a love life.



Or Maybe Not,

Carma pulled Issac off to the side, and brushed her hair back.
"So Issac, what movie are we going to see tonight? I was thinking instead of going to the theater we could rent and stay in." Carma proposed. Then she looped her arm through his and they walked off together.

END OF EP 5

I love hearing your comments! Let me know how you think our characters are doing!
You can now follow me on Blogger: http://dblondesim.blogspot.com/
Also, I have a fun poll for Dakota's new look!


Do You Think Dakota's Make Over Was Successful?



pollcode.com free polls




Thank You for Reading!

11 comments:

  1. I voted on your poll. :)
    I really like Micah. He's been through so much already and he's still a teenager. I feel for him. It must suck so bad for him to lose his mother in such a sad way.
    Irena was so nice to give Dakota a makeover. This might be one of the chapters where she didn't drive me crazy. LOL.
    Poor Dakota, and all the teenage drama. :) I'm glad Isaac talked to her and even complimented her! He seems like a nice boy. It kind of makes me think he's not with Carma because he wants to be... and maybe she's in a little bit of a controlling position, cause I noticed Isaac didn't reply to Carma and she just pulled him away with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was uncomfortable with Micah's step mom! Poor kid, that totally sucks.
    It was really nice of Irena yo help Dakota out with a makeover. I think she looks great, but I also thought she looked pretty before. But I'm a jeans and tshirt type myself, lol.
    It was nice that Isaac noticed, but it looks like Carma has already inserted her hooks into him. I'm betting any guy with her would be miserable though, being lead around by the nose like that. Run away, Isaac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she was pretty too, but Irena really wanted to help her Issac really took interest then, but your right Carma is digging her claws into him. However, he hasn't decided anything definite in relationship terms

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your one of the few people who like Micah. But I like him, too. I have a lot of background story that I know, so I guess I see him for who he truly is.

    Irena really wanted her friend to have a love life. Hers just has not been panning out so well since Micah turned her down in Ch 1 and she wants at least one of them to be happy.

    Issac showed his interest in Dakota in this chapter, and that bothered Carma. And your right , he isn't with her because he wants to be. Infact, he may not even be with her at all. She had mentioned the movie, but that doesn't necessarily mean date. But Carma wants Dakota to back off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to have a knack for seeing people for who they truly are rather than just their actions. I always feel like there's a reason why they act the way they do, especially for those people who seem like jerks on the surface. :) LOL. I also think people who are flawed are more interesting than those who appear to be nice all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep, awkward! Carma and Isaac, right after he complimented Dakota?

    Nina was so very nice again. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of her in this story. She's got brains and class, much more than the rest of the little cats at school. I wonder if they'll turn on her, or if she'll be able to keep them in line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carma has no bounderies when she thinks someone is sneaking up on her territory. This is going to bring some issues for Dakota with her ongoing crush on Issac.

    As for Nina, well she is all of those things that you describe. In Irena's eyes it's sickening, but she can't bring herself to dislike her because she is nice. But to the other girls in school, nope they won't turn on her as long as they see that $$$ that she is wearing! :)

    Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Dakota's makeover. I'm really hoping she gets Carma out of the way and have some quality time with Isaac. I'm a sucker for ugly duckling-swan transformations in stories. :)

    With Nina, I'm looking forward to see more dimension to her. I mean, come one... no one is THAT nice and smart and gorgeous and friendly. She's got to have some sort of flaw!

    As for Micah, something tells me he has had a rather troubled past that shaped him into what he is... looking forward to how his character unfolds.

    (Not sure what's wrong... I posted a comment a while ago and I don't think it showed. So I wrote this one again. >.< Hopefully, it didn't come out as double comments. Pfft."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well just remember that Nina is almost a clone of Micah.... so yes there is a flaw there somewhere. But she hasn't shown her hand yet and she probably won't until she really has to :P

    Micah's past has a lot to do with his character, and Irena is probably the only other person who knows about his past which gives her a light to him that no one else sees.

    Carma won't let go of Isaac that easily, but Dakota's makeover did turn a few heads. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fantastic chapter, Kristen :) I really liked Dakota's new makeover, wonder if she is going to keep it? I hope Isaac will look at her like he did that day throughout the story! Hehe. And Micha. Aw, I am starting to understand his behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isaac likes her new look but he is also a bit clueless when it comes to girls and their feelings.In fact, it's that same cluelesness that is going to get him into trouble in the next few chapters.

      Delete