Tuesday, May 21, 2013

If Only I Could Hate You Ep 6


If Only I Could Hate You Episode 6

Hello everyone! Sorry for the past two weeks without the updates! I have had finals two weeks ago and started my summer classes last week. Anyways, we are back on schedule, and I am excited to be sharing a new episode!
Because of the lack of updates the past two weeks, this episode is longer!
I love hearing your thoughts on this series, so feel free to comment after. :)





It was Saturday and Irena, Micah, and Nina were studying in Irena's dining room for a Math test the next Friday.
Irena's sighs filled the air as she kept looking at the clock. Studying was not her main priority today.
Micah rolled his eyes listening to her constant breaths of anticipation.


It was evident by Irena's notebook that she wasn't even studying for her Math test. Instead, doodles of hearts surrounded around Galaxy's name.



Irena took in another sigh after looking at the clock hanging on the wall.
"Do you need to be somewhere?" Nina asked her.
"Huh?" Irena looked up from her doodled notebook.
"You seem to be looking at the time a lot today. If there somewhere you need to be?" Nina pointed out.



"Oh, um, well Galaxy is playing right outside of town tonight." Irena told her. "Me and Dakota have tickets to go, and because I am president of their fan club we also have backstage tickets. I guess I am too excited about it. Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your studying."
"Wow, that sounds like fun," Nina said. "But, I typically don't have time for things like that. I spend a lot of time studying and getting ready for college."
"Oh, yeah." Irena looked down at her paper.

"I guess you're not as serious about picking up your grades as I thought you were," Micah said coolly to Irena. "You always seem to have boys on your mind."
Irena fumbled with her pen, not knowing what to say to him.
"I think it is cute. Plus, not everyone can be as devoted to become president of celebrity fan club." Nina told Micah. Even though they were nice enough, for some reason her words made Irena uneasy.
The doorbell rang, but Micah's father lee had answered it.


"Irena!" Dakota excitedly walked to the dining area. "I'm super excited to go see Galaxy! Just a few more hours and we will be meeting them!"
"Speaking about the concert. Your father called me, Irena. He wanted me to talk to you about something." Lee said from behind Dakota.


"He said you have a third ticket and was thinking of auctioning it off later at the entrance of the concert."
"Yes, the sent me three tickets and backstage passes, but I don't have anyone else here that I want to go with besides Dakota. I was thinking that I would auction it off to who ever can answer the most questions about the band correctly."
"Instead of doing that you should take Micah with you. I don't think your father is comfortable allowing two young girls to go to a concert alone."


"Mr Dastin, I don't think you or him should worry. We aren't that young, and we will both be graduating in the spring. Plus, I don't  think Micah will would like Galaxy too much." Irena told Lee.
"He doesn't have to enjoy it. He just has to watch over you. Please, I think it would make your father feel better if he knew that you were being watched after. After all, he didn't even want you in this house alone."


"Dad, I was going to study more with Nina," Micah protested.
"Micah, there isn't a lot that Tansin asks of us. We pay him rent and clean up after ourselves. I want to pay him back for all the help he has been doing for us. The only thing he asked of me was to watch after his daughter, and I want to be sure to do that. Plus, Irena is a very pretty young lady and there is no telling what kind of creeps would take advantage of that," Lee told his son.


Nina, who had been watching the conversation carefully decided to confront Micah. "Hey, I think I am going to go home. We can study tomorrow, but I think your Dad is right. You should take care of Irena."
"Are you sure. I had promised to study with you."
"I'm not too worried about it. We are both smart."
"Then we will study tomorrow."
"Yes, but I have to ask... why are you paying rent? Do you live here?"


Micah was hoping that Nina had not noticed that mentioned before, but he acted quickly on her question.
"Our house is being renovated, so we are staying in the guest house."
It wasn't that Micah was embarrassed by the situation, but he hated when people gossiped about his personal life. It was better if no one knew.
Nina nodded, believing his words. "I'll see you tomorrow then," She said before leaving.



*The concert*



"I can't believe we are about to meet galaxy!" Dakota squeed,
The concert had just ended and they were taken to the back stage lounge to meet the boys.
"I know! I have only dreamed of this moment!" Irena smiled.
Micah stood in a back corner rolling his eyes.
"Wait!" Dakota hushed, "The door is opening!"
The girls held their breath, their eyes glued to the door.


In walked a young woman, with a pixie cut, and great style. While Dakota was not particularly excited since it wasn't galaxy, Irena was at awe. This woman had been an inspiration to her since she first joined the Galaxy fandom. Esme Walker, a name branded on the boys fashion. A name that inspired Irena to create her own work of fashion art.



"Esme Walker!" Irena jumped up to greet her!
"You must be the President of the fan club," Esme presumed.
"Wow! Esme Walker! You are my hero! I completely decided to follow my dreams of being a designer after seeing your work," Irena complimented her.



"I didn't think the fans cared that much about the fashion designer," Esme said amused by Irena's excitement.
"I've always been into fashion since I was little. My mother was never around, so I basically figured it out myself and I fell in love. But, never really thought about it as a career. Then I saw the designs for Galaxy and loved them. I looked into it and found out about you. I decided then that I wanted to keep following my dream in design."



"I'm always glad to hear about new designers. Did you design that dress yourself?" Esme asked her.
"Yes." Irena blushed. "I designed it blue since I knew that the band had died their hair blue for the album."
Esme nodded with a smile. "Well, we do an internship every year in Paris for fashion students. What fashion academy will you be attending?"
Irena shuffled her feet. She didn't know how to tell her that she hadn't gotten into a fashion school.
"Actually, I'll just be attending the University next year. I hope to transfer to an academy the year after."
"No problem. As long as you are enrolled into a school under a fashion design major, you can apply. I hope to see your application at the end of next fall."
Esme excused her self before leaving the room. Irena's smile was from ear to ear as she pranced over to Dakota.
"How awesome was that to meet Esme!" Irena squealed. "And to think that I can apply for an internship with her!"
Dakota was just about to comment before the door opened again.


A gasp released from the girls mouth as they became fixated on the teenage boy band that rocked the hearts of fan girls across the Sim globe.

Wyatt, Ricky, Orian and Jace, all stood waiting for the president of their fan club to greet them.



Surprisingly, for the girl who was shy around Micah, she did not hold back at all when she saw them.
"Oh my plumbob! You are Wyatt!" Irena ran towards the band excitedly.
"You must be Irena! No wonder you are our number one fan!" Wyatt said jokingly.


Micah rolled his eyes, watching Irena google the members of the band and compliment them. He decided that he would stay quietly in the corner. It wasn't like he wanted to be there anyways. He was there to babysit he thought to himself.



Dakota quickly ran over to Jace, the animal love of the boy band.
"I can't believe I'm meeting you right now! I work at the animal shelter in Sunset Valley and we have this huge poster of you with the animals!"


"So you are a lover to the animals? I'm glad to meet a another animal loving fan."
"Did you really help that dog during the storm?" Dakota asked him.
"I couldn't leave that poor fellow out there by himself. But, really people made it out to be a lot bigger than it actually was. The storm was not as bad as people said, but still it was cold and wet outside."
"That is still really good of you!" Dakota smiled



On the other side of the room, Irena was meeting Orian.
"So this is our president. I heard you made that outfit yourself to match our album."
Irena blushed and held her hands. She was suddenly feeling a bit shy around him.
"I have to say you are really cute. I'm glad we have such a pretty president in our fandom."
Irena wasn't used to being flattered, It was a new experience for her.


"I'm such a fan of your songs, Orian. To be able to write songs like yours that not only entertain but also give heart is outstanding. I read that you wrote your first song when you were just a kid! Can I hear it!"
Orian laughed. "I wish I could, but even I don't remember. It's a story my dad has told me for years, the only thing he says he remembers is that it was about peanut butter and chocolate falling in love."
Irena let a giggle. "You  have to start somewhere."




"We are going to be having a small after-party later, you and Dakota should join us. We typically don't have fans come in, but since you are the president of our fandom, we can make a special arrangement."

Irena's heart started to race. Not only did she meet Galaxy, but she was invited to party with them. She felt like her life had been turned upside down.




Micah watched Irena carefully. While the band seemed friendly and charismatic enough, he couldn't shake the feeling he got when ever Orian leaned in closer to her. What kind of party was Orian inviting her to, Micah thought.

Micah watched as Irena swayed and looked down at the floor biting her lip.
Of course she would be thoughtless enough not to consider any ulterior motives Orian could have, Micah thought to himself. There was no way that he would turn his eye as she became a groupie. His father and her father would both blame him for not watching her.




"I hate to interrupt, but we have to go." Micah said, walking up behind Irena.
"Is this your boyfriend?" Wyatt asked Irena.
"Huh?" She said, startled to hear Micah. "Oh, no it's not like that-" Irena started to argue.



Then Micah's hand reached for hers and he intertwined his fingers with hers.
"Yes, I am," he said, holding his posture and tightening his grip on her hand.



Irena's eyes widened with shock. She did not know what to do or say. Then Micah pulled her away from the band.



Orian scratched his head bemused.
"I guess that means she isn't going to the party." Wyatt said.
"I didn't mean to make her boyfriend angry by asking her to go to the party."
"Yeah, I don't think he was a fan since he was just sitting in the corner."
They both shrugged before turning to leave the room.




Micah pulled Irena further across the room before she yanked her hand out from his.
She turned quickly around and noticed the band leaving the room.
"Why did you do that! We were going to go the after-party!"
"It's already getting late, and I promised to take you home."
"Then you could have went too!"
"I don't drink and I don't like being around drunk people either."
"Are you crazy! They are only 18! They can't drink alcohol."
"Then you must be naive to think they can't get a hold of it."
"You are driving me nuts!" Irena huffed, becoming flustered.
Then she took a deep breath to calm herself down then she recalled the incident.
"Why did you tell them that?" She asked, shuffling her feet.
"Ask what?"
"That you are my boyfriend."
"It was so they would not ask you again to go to the party. Don't tell me you actually thought I was being serious."
Irena's eyes fell to the ground, "Of course not it just shocked me."
"Well, grab Dakota and lets go home," Micah told her.



The walk home, Micah and Irena had been quiet. Dakota kept going on about how exciting it was to meet the band and she went into every detail about her talk with Jace. Dakota, noticing her best friends lack of enthusiasm, nudged Irena.

"What's with you? You haven't said a word since we left," Dakota pointed out.
"I'm just tired," Irena lied. Irena looked down at Micah's hand. She recalled the moment he had taken her hand into his. Even though it was insincere, she remembered how warm his hand was.

As they passed by the park, Dakota wandered closer to the restrooms.
"I really need to go to the bathroom," Dakota said leaving the two behind as she walked away.



Irena sighed and walked over to the swings, taking a seat. Micah followed her, taking a seat in the swing next to hers. At first, they both sat there quietly, allowing the nighttime sounds to fill up the empty air.



Irena kept stealing glances at Micah. As she took in his features, she felt her heart race.
Stop, she thought to herslef, this is the guy who humiliated you in front of everyone. This is the guy who hates you because you are stupid.



Micah cleared his throat and turned towards Irena.
"I wanted to thank you."
"What?" Irena blurted, shocked.
" I wanted to thank you, for not telling the school about our living situation and also not telling about my step mother."
Irena nodded, still shocked.
"It's better for no one to know. My dad has enough going on with the divorce, he doesn't need the gossip either. Everything that woman said was a lie. My dad would never do that."
"I can't believe you had to live with that woman. I feel really bad for your dad. He got set up by the woman he loved. He is really lucky to have a smart son like you," Irena told him.
"I'm lucky to have him too. I don't even really know that he loved my step-mother as much as he could love my mom. I honestly think he just believed I needed a mother."
Irena smiled, seeing Micah in a new light.
"I'm sorry that you have to live with someone you hate." Irena said, actually sincere about her apology.


"I don't hate you Irena. You may be troublesome to me sometimes, but I don't hate you." Micah sighed. "Actually, I envy you. I've been working really hard since my mother died so that I can make a name for myself. But you, you are carefree and sometimes I wish I could be like that. I have to will myself to be carefree rather than just being. In fact, while you are carefree you even know what you want to do after graduation. I haven't had any thoughts toward my future."


Irena looked down to the ground. She was surprised by Micah's words. He was envious of her? The guy who had every girl swooning after him, was good at everything, and was super smart, wanted to be more like her? It didn't make sense. Irena felt her heart flutter and her stomach tightened. She wanted to hate him, she wanted to dislike him, but every day she found out more about him, she liked him even more.



"That felt much better." Dakota walked up. She didn't realize the special moment she had just interrupted for Irena.
"Lets go home." Micah stood up from the swing set.
Irena got up quietly and followed them. Her mind replayed their conversation and as she did, her heart continued to race and her palms became sweaty. But she knew that falling in love with him would prove to hurt her. He may not have hated her, but he most certainly did not want to be with her. She also knew that living with him with these feelings was going to be even harder on her. She thought to herself, if only I could hate you, things would be so much easier.

End of Episode 6
Thank you for reading! I hope that you enjoyed it! I apologize again for the delay because of school. It took me two weeks just to write it after I got the pictures.
Don't forget to comment. I love comments!

Author's Note:

I wanted to the concert to be bigger, but I do not have Showtime yet. So you will have to imagine it was bigger LOL. Maybe when I get it, I'll go back and redo those pics  for funsies. LOL

Also, we had some visitors during the shoot.


I heard this little guy rolling down the street. I was thinking to myself, what is that strange sound?

I look and there is his craft. Then he gets out, walks a few steps and disappears. This was my first alien siting was I was ecstatic  but I was sad too because since it was my story game play and not my legacy or something else, I didn't interact with him.


9 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see them having an actual conversation on the swings! Unfortunately though I think his defensive action of saying he was her boyfriend (to rightly protect her from what seemed like an ulterior motive) affected her a little too much. She's so easily swayed by boys still! I have a feeling if Micah knew what feelings that stirred up in her, he would have done it differently. Her getting a crush on him again is only going to make him back off from the already tenuous relationship they've developed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right it's good that they did actually have a conversation that didn't involve arguing or name calling. And he did not think about her feelings when he grabbed her hand, but at the same time there must have been a reason he wanted to have a claim over her, otherwise he could have just told them he had to leave rather than saying that he was her boyfriend, right? But Micah does have a while to develop feelings- if he ever will. So right now, Irena's love is one sided so she has some pain coming her way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that was so sweet of Micah to be protective of Irena, even if it was just him babysitting. He could have gone the other way and went to the party with them and let her get drunk. Their conversation on the swings was very nice too. I'm glad Irena saw a little bit more of him during their conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Micah could have done the other thing, but then he would have had to deal with a drunk Irena LOL.

    Their conversation was sweet and kind of a refresher from all the tension. Unfortunately, Irena has rekindled her old feelings too and that is not going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that Irena and Micah are finally starting to talk, and not just have knee jerk hostile reactions.
    I loved Micah's little bit of jealousy over watching Orian flirt with Irena, Even if Mica isn't ready to admit that to himself yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this! I like that there's more development in Irena and Micah's relationship beyond them bickering over Micah thinking she's stupid and her being annoyed at him for stating his views. This puts so much more dimension to their characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great with this couple because there is so much room for them to grow to develop a friendship, but they definitely still have a ways to go that is for sure. They are night and day around each other. It will take a lot of getting to know each other to be able for them to understand one another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I'm glad they are finally starting to get a long! Also, I'm a tad sad because I'm closing up on the newest chapter soon ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No frets! I am working on the newest update as well. We are in the middle of closing on our house so I have been super busy. That being said, I need to get the update out before next week as once we have moved in I probably won't have internet for at least a week. YIKES.

      Delete