Saturday, June 8, 2013

If Only I Could Hate You Ep 7



If Only I Could Hate You Episode 7
Irena and Micah enjoy the festivities!






Micah was relaxing, watching the evening news.
"Really? We are only 17! We shouldn't be worried about the news." Irena pestered Micah.
Micah rolled his eyes and fought the urge to say something smart.


"Can we please watch Galaxies live concert in Bridgeport?" Irena pleaded.
"You just watched the concert last month." MIcah pointed out.
"Yes, but... I've never missed them even just to watch it on T,V."
Micah sighed, knowing that nothing he could say would get through to her.
"Just watch it on your computer." Micah told her.
"But it's better on the television. Why don't you read the news on the internet?"



Lee walked in, having overheard the slight argument over the television.
"Actually, I think we should go enjoy the festivities down town." Lee said.
Irena started to argue.
"I think the nice fresh air would be great for all of us, and it would be a nice time for you two to bond."
"What bonding, she will be too busy day dreaming about boy bands." Micah said with a smirk.
"I can go to the festivities without thinking of..." Irena drifted off as she realized she would have to miss the live concert on T.V. Then she thought about the DVR. "Lets go to the festival."


Micah and Irena sat at the fountain, waiting on lee to arrive the tickets.
"So, you really gave up seeing Galaxy." Micah said.
"I put it on DVR." Irena smirked.
Micah gave a slight chuckle, "I knew you couldn't go too long without seeing them."
"I was just curious about their outfits for that concert; It's supposed to be different each time."
Micah looked at her contemplating if she was telling the truth or not. She really was boy crazy, but fashion was her passion.
Lee walked up quickly.
"Micah, I entered us into a contest!" Lee sounded excited.
"What kind of contest?"


"How did I let him talk me into this?" Micah sighed rubbing his neck and counting the pile of hot dogs.


The air horn blew and the eaters were off. Lee and Micah shoved hotdogs into their mouths barley chewing before gulping them down.



"Go Lee! Yeah!" Irena yelled from the rest of the crowd. She kinda wanted to root for Micah, but decided someone needed to root for Lee. Plus, Micah is good at plenty of things.


Funny enough, it was the little kid at the end who finished eating first.



Lee digested his last hotdog. Micah gulped down his last bite, trying not to hurl. He took a swig of water and spit it back out. There was no way anything else was going to fit into his stomach.



"I want one funnel cake." Irena told a vendor.
"How are you hungry after watching that?" Micah heaved.
"I just am." She said grabbing the plate from the vendor. "Thank you," she told them.


Neither Micah nor Lee wanted to watch Irena enjoy her funnel cake.
"Guys! This is so good!" Irena chimed.
"Oh plumbob." Micah said, clutching his stomach.


As they walked around the park for a bit, Irena spotted the water balloon fight arena.
"Can we play!" Irena begged.
"Of course." Lee told her.
"No way." Micah crossed his arms.
"What scared?" Irena taunted.
"It's too childish."
"Oh come on! The whole point of coming here is to have fun."
Micah contemplated for a moment before giving in with a sigh.
"Yay!" Irena giggled and grabbed Lee "He is on my side."


"Come on no fun Micah! Give us your best shot!" Irena yelled, egging him on." I bet you throw like a gi-"



Irena was cut off by a cold popping sensation hurled directly into her chest.



Irena picked herself up and mumbled, "No fair. I didn't even see it."
Micah sat across the field with a grin stretched across his face.
"Oh so now you are having fun." Irena mumbled to herself again.


Irena picked up a balloon juicy with water. She was careful not to allow it to break before being able to throw it.



The balloon flew in the air. The shifting of the water made the throw more fierce and on target before splashing all over Micah.
Irena laughed dancing up and down with joy!
"Yes! I beat the mighty Micah! HAHA!"
"Great one partner!" Lee mused.



While Lee took a rest, Irena convinced Micah to shoot some soccer. Irena smiled seeing a bare chested Micah defend the goal.
While she wasn't particularly good at sports, she was more confident with soccer. It was something that her and her father played together often.


"Alright Irena! Give me your best shot." Micah smiled. He was on the soccer team at school, so it was nothing new to him. But, he enjoyed watching Irena try to beat him.



Irena kicked the ball as hard as she could. The ball veered to Micah's left. His reflexes were quick and he jumped to the ground, catching the ball.



Micah could see the disappointment that was written across her face.
Micah gave a toothy smile and said, "Hey, remember I am a soccer star, but it was a great shot."
Irena couldn't control the smile that stretched across her face when she heard him give her a compliment.
"Were you actually saying something nice to me?" Irena joked.
Micah walked forward as they swapped places, "Well, lets see if you can block as well as kick."
Irena walked to the goal confidently. "I didn't even make it in the goal and you still you say it was a good kick."


On Micah's first kick, Irena missed. In fact, she actually jumped in the wrong direction.
"I heard you weren't great at sports, but wow." Micah mused.
"Hey!" Irena glared at him. "You were giving me compliments earlier and now you are poking fun at me!"
"Don't worry. I'll give you another chance." Micah retrieved the ball and went back to kicking position.



Micah ran back. Irena  gulped realizing he was making a running kick. She knew it would be a much harder kick and actually feared the ball would hit her in the face.

Micah took off into a run. It was his plan to make it look like a hard fast kick, but instead he backed off on his strength. The ball was set dead in the middle and gave a nice arch that would ideal for Irena to catch.



As the ball glided through the air, Irena became confident as she noticed the ball was aimed for her and at a pace she could catch.
"You must not be as big of a soccer star as you thought!" Irena teased.
" I gave it to you. Do you really think I would put all my strength into that."
"Sure! That's what you want me to think. The great Micah Dastin lost to Irena Anore!"
Micah grinned allowing Irena to have her fun.

It wasn't long before they walked past the card booth. Lee read the sign before saying,
"We should get one and send it to your dad, Irena."
Irena smiled at the idea. "That would be great!"


Irena turned to Micah, her face looking slightly depressed.
"I know you don't want to take a picture with us, but it would really mean a lot to me to be able to show my dad how well we are doing." She told him. "It's only been two months, but I miss him and I don't want to worry him while he is working. If this case is dangerous in any way, he could be too worried to pay attention and..."


"When did I ever say I didn't want to take a picture with you?" Micah told Irena, catching her off guard.
"Really? You will do it?" She asked him.
"Don't think too much of it. Lets just take the picture." Micah said walking into the booth while Irena pranced in after him.
**Note** I wanted to show the picture, but for some reason the greeting card wouldn't upload right, and when I transfered it over to the wall, it wouldn't show up.


Micah stayed with Lee to retrieve the printing of the cards. Afterwards, he went to tell Irena they were heading home. When he found her, he smiled seeing her fast asleep on the bench.



Careless girl, he thought to himself. You are so careless that you can sleep in a public area. You made my life  more interesting. I wanted to work hard and help my dad, but then you came and started to disrupt my life. When I would typically focus on my studies, you would get into trouble and I would have to help you out. You're clumsy and careless, but you have passion, something I have yet to experience. It's dangerous for me to stay around you, but I'm slowly finding myself drawn to you. Your like a honey bee who takes the pollen from flowers and spreads it across the world. Flowers are a distraction from the rest of the world. The more I am around the honey bees and the beauty that they spread, the more my focus starts to fade away. For the boy who depends on his focus, this is a dangerous thing.


Irena yawned and her eyes fluttered open. She sat up and realized she was being watched. She looked up, her eyes meeting Micah's her heart started to pound heavily in her chest.
"Oh, I must have fell asleep." She finally brought herself to speak.
Micah broke his eyes from hers and cleared his throat, "We are leaving."
"Oh okay." She stood up smiling.



Later on that night, Micah realized that he needed to give Irena her cards to send to her dad.
He walked into her room.
"You must have been really tired." He said softly, careful not to disturb her. Then laid the cards on the desk.



Micah rubbed the back of his neck  watching her sleep. He took in a deep breath before deciding to leave the room
This girl had given him troubles since he moved in, but he couldn't help but to be amused by it all. But with everything going on in his life, he couldn't afford to lose sight of his goals. If he became to involved in careless matters, the world he bared on his shoulders could crush him.
I don't hate you, but it would be better if I could, he thought to himself before exiting the room.

End of Episode 7

So what are your thoughts on Micah's new found observation? Do you think he is slowly starting to like her or he is just finally being able to stand her.

It was fun doing the festival as I have not had a chance to play with it in my game. So it was super fun! Plus I thought it would be refreshing to write one episode that didn't have a huge plot in it :)


9 comments:

  1. Awww Micah. I like his athletic wear... :D
    I think Micah's gotten over the way Irena treats him/used to treat him, and maybe he's seeing a little more of her than he was able to just on first impressions. Granted she had a good reason to be upset with him earlier, but I think she's warming up to him a little too. Getting to know someone other than just what they show you on the surface is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty hard shift in mood for Micah, I'm surprised. But it was nice to see him softening a bit toward her, in all the play at the festival. They seemed more like friends, for once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, cute!
    I'm glad Micah is starting to admit his own feelings. She is maybe not the kind of girl he expected to like, but I think she will bring some much needed perspective to his life. Working hard and being serious about stuff is important, but it's not vrything, and she can help him lightn up.
    And maybe he can also influence her to being more serious about stuff so she can realize her dreams of a fashion career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right, Irena is not the type of girl Micah thought he would be with, but you can't control your feelings, which is kinda the moral I think this story is leading to.
    Your also on to the balancing each other out. Micah will become more free while Irena will take things more seriously, but they both still have a lot to go to get there.

    That doesn't always mean I happy ending either, but hopefully we will see one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the eye candy ;) In the beginning, Irena had lots of reasons to be angry with him, but hre immaturity went too far on her anger. But Micah is slowly warming to her and a friendship is being built whether he knows it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he's into her! He just doesn't know it yet. They balance each other out, which makes them lovely to watch.

    I liked the entire honey bee, flower speech. Good way to show what's on his mind and the conflict on why it's not safe for him to be too involved with her. :)

    *squee* Liking where this is going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I love from k-dramas is their use of analogies and metaphors. It seems to give them so much depth. :)

      Micah's feelings are starting to waver, but he won't give in to them that easily.

      Delete
  7. I think he is almost letting him self go and devote himself to another person - But I also think that would shake his world from what he knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irena is showing him what it's like to be a teenager. Micah has grown up so quickly on his own and doesn't know how to show much emotion. But he does know what he wants in life and had a plan to get there and that plan has definitely been shaken!

      Delete