Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If Only I Could Hate You Ep 8



If Only I Could Hate You Episode 8
Lee closes out the divorce with a bitter ending, and Irena helps throw Micah a surprise Birthday party.








Micah and Lee had been in the conference room for over an hour trying to sort out the details of the divorce. Even though Lee didn't want Micah there, Micah came for support and witness.
"Mr. Dastin has no recollection of that night. In fact, he was to meet your client for a private dinner." Lee's lawyer argued.


"What are you trying to say that I didn't walk in on him with two girls in his bedroom? What about the pictures that I found!" Sandra asked fiercely.
Lee looked over the papers again. A heavy sigh was released and he looked at the pictures again. Micah noticed the pained look that took over his father's face.
"Sandra can we not try to discuss this, first." Lee pleaded. "You know that I would never do anything..."


Sandra pushed the chair back hastily standing up. Crocodile tears fell from her eyes and a sound came out like wale that got hit by a large boat.
"I only wanted a family!" She sobbed.
Micah watched unimpressed.
Then she pointed at Lee, "You broke my heart! You hurt me! I only want what's mine!"


Lee took a moment and looked at her. For a moment, it looked as if he was going to argue back, but with his head held high he took the document gave it a quick glance and signed it.
"Mr. Dastin?" His lawyer had a confused and surprised look slapped across her face.
He stood up next to his baffled son. While Lee looked like he won a battle, Micah seemed as if the war was lost.
"You want my money that badly, then take it. If I hurt you that badly, then I deserve to give you this." Lee told Sandra.


Micah walked over to Sandra, his hands balled into a fist.
"Let me just tell you something, Sandra. You may have the money right now, but I wouldn't spend it too quickly. I know everything, and once I get the evidence to prove it, you could be fined for starting such a mess."
"How dare you threaten me after everything your father put me through!" Sandra growled at Micah.


"Micah, lets go home. She isn't worth the fight." Lee told his son.
"Not worth the fight? Ha! Now that those papers are signed, I'm worth over three million simoleons."
"Like I said, I wouldn't spend it too quickly." Micah threatened her one more time before he left with his father.



Meanwhile back at the house, Irena and Dakota were busy preparing for a birthday party... for Micah.
"So, his dad asked you to give him a surprise party?" Dakota asked Irena.
"Yeah, he approached the idea to me last week. I guess he knew Micah was going to need some cheering up today."
"Do you really think they will lose the settlement?"
"Maybe, that woman seemed to have the proof, even if it isn't legit." Irena sighed.



"Lee is a really nice guy. I can't believe she took advantage of him like that." Dakota grumbled.
Irena slumped, "He is a really nice guy. How is it that Lee is Micah's dad."
"Yeah, Micah is a bit more distant and.."
"and intelligent, cute, mature..."
Irena looked up and took note of the puzzled look on Dakota's face.
"What?" Irena asked her.
"Oh no!" Dakota squealed. "You still like him!"
"I do not! I just understand him better." Irena protested.
"Yeah, and I just didn't see you float off into cloud nine just now."
"Please, don't judge me."
"I'm not judging. I never said anything. I'm just kind of worried that you will get hurt."
"I'm not expecting anything." Irena pointed out.
Both of the girls turn their attention to the doorbell that chimed throughout the house.
"I guess the guests are starting to arrive." Irena said pushing herself to stand up.


The first to arrive was Nina.
"Glad you came." Irena greeted her.
"I wouldn't miss Micah's birthday. He didn't even mention it at school."
"I probably wouldn't have known if it wasn't for his father." Irena confessed.
"You are a really good friend to do this. They live in your house and you help with birthdays."
"Well, I like to help." Irena said before she heard more guests show up.


Before Irena knew it, most of the school was sitting in her living room.
Everyone waited patiently for the birthday boy to arrive and be greeted.


"Micah, I wanted to apologize about the settlement date being on your birthday." Lee said to his son.
"No need to be sorry. I've had plenty of birthdays."
"I know that you would have rather had fun with your friends."
"I'm just sorry that we couldn't catch that bitch." Micah cursed.
"It doesn't matter, son." Lee assured him. "I'm just glad that I have you. No money is worth that."
Micah didn't reply. Even though his father had always been very loving and Micah cared for his father deeply, he had a harder time expressing his feelings as openly.
"Hey," Lee started. "I have somewhere that I need to run off too. Why don't you go inside the house. I had Irena whip you up a special birthday dinner."
Micah nodded and departed from his father.


Micah approached the house, hearing the loud music. What is going on in there, he thought to himself. When he finally opened the door, he heard a loud "surprise!" and was welcomed by all of his friends.


"Happy birthday, Micah." Irena greeted him with a wide grin.
"Typically, something like this would be very annoying, but considering my day, you did good this time," Micah complimented her.
"I'm just happy to help with your birthday! Go on and enjoy yourself," Irena stepped to the side to let him through.




It didn't take long for Micah to find Nina. Irena watched from afar as they laughed and had a good time. Nina was showing him a funny parody on the recent debate in town. Irena's smile became hardened at the bitter sweet view. To her, Micah was a star. You can view it from afar, but never get close to it. Star's shined brighter in the company of other stars, but planets could only follow around it.


Dakota had a star of her own it seemed. Of the entire time that the guests had arrived, Carma kept Issac nearby like an accessory. She watched watched hopelessly as they danced together, swaying back and forth to the latest hit love song. Dakota was sure that Issac was different from the other boys, but watching him now, she couldn't help but feel that her love would go unrequited.


Irena, found her friend and sat down next to her.
"So I guess you still have that crush on Issac," Irena assumed.
"Shhhhh! Don't say it out loud here! Someone will hear you!" Dakota said frantically.
"Okay, sorry! I didn't mean to."
"So what about Micah? Have you given him your gift yet?"
"No," Irena sighed and looked at her hands. "He has been busy with Nina."
Dakota pouted her lip, "Looks like we are in the same boat."
"Yup, and it is sinking."


Lee came back to the house and quickly found Irena.
"Irena, I have to thank you.," Lee told her.
"Mr.Dastin, don't worry about thanking me! I enjoyed it, really. Plus I could never get this many students from school if it wasn't for the fact that Micah was so popular."
"Well, you really are a great friend to him," Lee told her. "I know he acts like a jerk to you, so you really didn't have to do this."
"He just has a lot of pressure on him." Irena stood up for Micah.
Lee's eyes softened and he cleared his throat. "It's my fault he has to worry. But, please enjoy the rest of the party. I'm going to go to bed." Lee excused himself.
Irena stood there confused by his haste leave. A realization came over her, and she knew that the settlement meeting must not have turned out in their upper hand. Irena swallowed hard thinking of the possibilities. She wondered if she should approach Micah about it, but decided to allow him to enjoy his birthday.


Everyone seemed to be having a very good time, so it surprised Irena when Nina approached her with a concern look on her face.
"How are you enjoying the party?" Irena asked her.
"It's fun! Micah is really enjoying himself. He really is lucky to have you as a friend."
"Thanks." Irena shrugged.
Nina wasn't like the other girls at the school. She was smart, pretty, and nice. Irena couldn't help but be slightly jealous of her all around wonderful personality, but at the same time Irena admired her.
"Can I talk to you in private?" Nina asked, fidgeting with her fingers.
"Sure, follow me," Irena offered.


Irena couldn't help but notice that Nina's confident mood was replaced by a very fidgety and nervous one.
"Is everything okay?" Irena reached out.
"Well, I have a question... and I'm very nervous I guess." Nina bit her lip.
"What's the question?" Irena raised an eyebrow.
"Well, I know your family is really close to Micah, but I was wondering how close the two of you were?"
Irena's eyes widened.
"You mean, are we dating?" Irena's stomach tightened. She knew she wasn't going to like where this conversation was going.
"Well, I mean...yes." Nina inquired.
"Micah wouldn't date me." The words felt tight as they exited her mouth.

Irena waited for Nina to ask her if Irena would date Micah, but the question never came. Instead another dreaded question came to surface.
"Do you think he would date me?" Nina asked.
Irena bit her lip in thought. "Micah has never said yes to any girl. He is very picky and uptight. In fact he criticizes their feelings." Irena started, then paused. Nina was smart, confident, and beautiful. Unlike most of the girls that asked Micah out, Nina was a woman. If anyone had a chance it was her. She could tell Nina not even to try, but seeing the way Micah acted towards her changed her mind. Micah was attracted to Nina, and she knew it.
"But, I think he would date you." Irena confessed.


"Really!" Nina said with a bit of surprise!
"Yeah, I think he would. You have a lot in common."
"Carma said so too, but I wasn't sure. I think you know him better so I sound more reassured. But, I also thought you two had a thing."
"Why would you think that?" Irena's voice raised.
"I don't know. You live together, so that is one thing."
"That is about the extent of our relations."
"I guess, but everyone said you liked him and told him last year."
The painful memory was brought back up.  Irena's face reddened and her eyes met the floor.
"Yeah, well, he embarrassed me and now I'm over it... and him." Irena lied.
"I thought so, but I wanted to be sure! I'll talk to you later though!" Nina said and left the room.


Irena clutched her stomach upon Nina's leave. It was true that Micah and Nina were alike. It was true that they were attracted to each other. But Irena wanted it to be a lie. But more than that, she wanted her feelings to be a lie. If she could rid herself of her one sided love then it wouldn't matter, but she knew that love was not a choice it just happened and was like breathing. Micah was indifferent, cool, and yes sometimes mean, but Irena knew there was more than that, and it was that side of him that she wanted desperately to show the world.


After the party, Micah found Irena eating one of the birthday cupcakes she had bought. He cleared his throat, making his presence known.
"Hey," Irena said with a half smile.
"You seem pretty down for someone who just threw a great party." Micah pointed out.
"I'm just tired." Irena stood up." Happy birthday."
"Thanks. The party was great too, so again thank you." It was weird hearing Micah give her a compliment, but she didn't complain.


"If it's none of my business, I apologize, but how did the settlement meeting go." Irena asked.
"Well," Micah released a heavy sigh, "My dad is basically broke.
"I'm sorry, Micah." Irena told him.
"My dad is just too nice." Micah growled and placed his hands in his pockets.
"Well, Lee is actually the one who told me about your birthday, so I think he knew it was going to end this way."
"It shouldn't have though."


"Well enough about that. I wasn't able to give you your gift earlier."" Irena picked up a nicely wrapped gift from under the table. She nervously handed it to Micah.
"Thanks." He said shaking it slightly to guess what it was.


"It's a tie." Irena said kinda breathy. "Oh I mean, I'm supposed to let you open it."
"I'm going to assume you designed it?" Micah asked placing the gift on the table.
"Yes, but don't worry, it is professional."
Micah smiled at her gesture. He couldn't help but think about how cute she was by telling him the gift before he opened it.



Micah felt his phone going off in his pocket, disrupting the moment.
"It's Nina." Micah said, reading the text. "She left her jacket and was wanting me to bring it."
"Oh, yeah. You should do that." Irena said, masking her disappointment.

The past conversation with Nina rang in Irena's ears. Nina confided in her that she liked Micah, and Irena was sure Micah liked her back. She couldn't help but feel a sting in her heart. Liking Micah was like breathing, it was something she couldn't control. He may have been rude, arrogant, and obnoxious, but to her he was a wounded creature who needed tending to. She wondered if Nina could do that.

End of Episode 8

Sorry it took so long! Life got ahead of me! Anyways, the ending of this episode wasn't quite where I wanted it, but I got tired of looking at it. So I apologize if it sucks!

I look forward to reading your comments!

7 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for Irena right now. Ugh, having to tell Nina she thinks Micah likes her, while liking him herself, that just made me go, oh how sucky Irena must feel. LOL.
    The tension between Irena and Micah about whether or not the two of them really like each other is apparent, though, and I like that. Nina may have more in common with Micah, but I kind of hope Micah likes Irena for other reasons, like when he thought it was cute she blurted out his gift as she gave it to him. :D
    That sucks his father didn't put up more of a fight to keep his stuff, but I guess these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is not an ideal position for Irena to be in. Right now Irena and Micah's relationship is growing, and while Micah is growing fond of her, he hasn't made it to the point where he can give in to his feelings just yet.

    Lee knew he had to pick his pick his battles. This one was jut easier for him to give into, but unfortunately, that doesn't make the stress go away. He also has his son to think of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww it sucks that that snake is going to get away with most of Lee's money. I hope Micah can get the proof he needs to help his dad.

    It was a nice party and I'm glad he was actually nice about what she did for him instead of being an ass. I feel so bad that he just over looks her like he does. She's been nothing but nice to him for the most part and he's not really returned that. :(

    Now she's gonna have to watch him possibly date Nina while she says nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Micah and Nina have a lot in common but Irena belongs with Micah. They just complement each other. Micah and Nina together would be the most boring, career-oriented couple ever. So nooooooooooo!!!

    I really liked Irena for being nice to Nina though. It was the right thing to do. Besides, she was telling the truth. Micah does seem to be into Nina, but the reality is he's just being dumb. Irena is who he really wants to be with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micah is comfortable around Nina because they are so alike, but you are right they would be a very bland couple.

    Irena has a lot of veracity and she would never lie to another girl just because she also likes Micah. She only wants his happiness and if she were to win over Micah's heart, she wants to win it because he chose her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I can't hate Nina because she is acting so nice and doing all the right things! Ugh. But I really have a thing for Micah and Irena ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina is nice, but she also is a girl who knows what she wants and she is a girl who has never lost before, so don't be surprised when she throws her game face on.

      Delete